Lodgement of Designs and Compliance Declarations
Under the all new Regulations, our clients are required to lodge certain documents at different stages throughout the construction process. Lodgement is made through the NSW Planning Portal. The portal will therefore operate as a central register for designs and declarations relating to construction work carried out on and from 1 July 2021.
In this blog we will summarise some of the key documents that need to be lodged, and the time for lodgment, are as follows:
BEFORE BUILDING WORK COMMENCES
- copies of the construction issued regulated design for the building work
- copies of the design compliance declarations, made by a suitably authorised registered design practitioner for each of the construction issued regulated designs
- if a registered principal design practitioner is appointed for the building work – a principal compliance declaration, made by a suitably authorised design practitioner, for the construction issued regulated designs.
AFTER BUILDING WORK COMMENCES
- a copy of each design compliance declaration given under the Act for a varied regulated design
- a copy of the varied regulated design
- a copy of each design compliance declaration obtained under the Act for a new building element or performance solution
- a copy of the regulated design for the new building element or performance solutions.
BEFORE ISSUE OF OCCUPATION CERTIFICATE
- building compliance declaration
- a contractor document, which includes, among other things, a list of the builder’s subcontractors, a list of other persons who have undertaken building work and a list of the work done by subcontractors
- a copy of each variation statement required for the building work
- a copy of each regulated design containing additional details not reflected in the construction issued regulated design
- if a principal design practitioner is appointed for building work – the principal compliance declaration for all regulated designs.
WITHIN 90 DAYS OF ISSUE OF OCCUPATION CERTIFICATE
- each regulated design for which a design compliance declaration has been provided that reflects the building work that has been carried out
- any documents previously lodged which have since been modified, including any compliance declarations.
Who is Vanguard Freadman?
Imagine working with a collaborative partner who is focussed on using the best software, and technology on your modelling and drafting requirements.
Working with the best practices and firms around the globe, on some of the most iconic, legacy projects, has not bound us to the rules of the past.
We’ll always look for ways to innovate, reduce workload and add profitability.
Modelling and Documentation
- All Disciplines (Architecture, MEPF, Civil, and Structure)
- All Design Stages (DA, DD, CD, CC & As Builds)
“We must exceed our client’s expectations, there is no room for complacency”
Co-Founder and Principal